Las Vegas, NV 89107
Sandy, UT 84070
History has proven yet again that the real estate and construction industries are either boom or bust. Whether in a slowdown or development surge, the fundamentals for success remain market knowledge, marketing savvy, skilled management, and sound financing. Our team of auditors, accountants and business advisors understand these factors and how they interact. Our services are fine-tuned to suit the special needs of owners, developers, contractors, and property managers.
In addition to tax preparation services, PBTK recommends organization and transaction structures that help our clients minimize their liability for federal, state, and local income taxes in multiple jurisdictions. To oversimplify, this is accomplished by carefully designing and evaluating tax attributes to take advantage of client specific circumstances, including the following among others:
- Segregation of improvements and repairs and maintenance costs
- Like-Kind Exchange transactions, traditional and complex
- Character of activities (investment and business)
In addition to traditional auditing services, we realize that construction companies have special needs. Topping the list are successful relations with bonding companies and licensing authorities. In this regard, we can assist with the preparation of any required special report. We can also assist management with:
- Selecting a surety / bonding agent experienced with similar sized companies and type of contracts
- Designing a strategy to increase bonding capacity
- Negotiating credit lines
- Identifying the causes of and recommending corrective actions to reduce cost overruns
- Improving cost estimation, materials purchasing, and on-site management processes and procedures
PBTK Consulting, our affiliated real estate, gaming and hospitality appraisal and consulting company offers a broad range of valuation and other related consulting services for real estate owners, developers and property managers. Services include site selection studies, market and feasibility analysis, market value appraisals, trend analysis, financial modeling, inventory management analysis, occupancy surveys, and opportunity assessments.
PBTK can also help you analyze your information needs, select and implement information system solutions. Today, estimating, scheduling and project management, job costing, and back office accounting systems are available for all types and sizes of contractors.